Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We Got The Call

After the hustle and bustle of Black Friday and the holiday weekend......we were convinced that we would get the call to tell us we had been approved for travel on Monday morning (12/01/2008).

After a sheer let down of talking with our coordinator and her even seeming seriously convinced that we would get it......nothing.

That was going to make for a long day of pouting because everyone in our family was absolutely convinced it was coming. I went from cloud nine to nine below when she spoke the words to me, "Nope, I am so sorry but nothing. I thought surely it would be today Shelley. I am so sorry."

Then not five minutes later after a few tears and regrouping and prayer.....RING, RING....."Hello Shelley, I know I just told you nothing. But, it was just laid on my desk!!!!"

It is here. After 2 1/2 years, we finally are going to China. We will be traveling on December 17, 2008 and returning on January 1, 2009.

Little man, we are on our way.

Now the sheer nuttiness starts. What to pack, how to pack, how can we take more than one bag per person for ALL this stuff. Of by the way, we will be in China for Christmas......WOWZERS.

I am so excited. I am so nervous. I am so excited. I am a little scared. I pray dear Lord that you calm Asher's heart and prepare him and us for what is to come. I am thinking that maybe he won't like us and will be a bit mad and a whole lot sad. I promise to cry right along with him and hold him so tightly. Please, Lord put in us everything that he is looking for and lead us the right way. We love him so much already. I can't wait to touch him and hug him and kiss him. I can't wait to see his smile and hear his voice and hear him laugh.

We have a son!!! We have a son!!!

7 comments:

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Congratultions!!!
We will be in China for christmas too!! We will keep you in our prayers, he is one good looking chap!! Love Jules

grandma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grandma said...

test

grandma said...

From Grandma,

After your call on Monday, Dad and I stood in the kitchen and cryed,not because you were concerned that you wouldn't be here for Christmas with us, but we were so happy that your dream had finally come true. GOD'S SON " OUR SAVIOR" was born on Christmas Day and now God is giving you this precious gift, your son, over HIS SEASON. How glorious!!! i know we have all waited and prayed for so long but only GOD knew when the time was right. What a great joy itis to have e new grandson, and finally Sydney can be that big sister.
Love, mom-grandma

Stephe said...

Awe, this is AWESOME! I just LOVE THE "cool" picture. You've got one HANDSOME son!!! Best wishes and a safe journey.

Stephe said...

okay, your Mom-Grandmom's post made me cry. She's just too sweet!

Mel said...

This is one of the most beautiful, heartfelt posts I've ever read! You are so blessed. Only a few more days!!!!