Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Funny Story











I don't have much to tell of our events of the day because we didn't actually go to the consulate but our guide did for us and said that all of our papers were approved and that we swear in and take the oath with Asher tomorrow morning at 9:30 am....which means that we will be taking the oath for him to be an American citizen and once we touch ground in Detroit, Michigan (which is our first touch down in America) he will officially be an American.
But anyway, besides that being our final hurdle to the paperwork here being very good news....I have a really funny story for you that happened the other day I thought would be fun to share with you all.
As you all are probably aware, the Chinese folk here are all very fit and active from getting lots of exercise and eating mostly pasta, rice, and vegetables....so keep that in mind.
OK, we are out shopping the other day and we visit this one small mom and pop type shop that sells many children's clothing and memorabilia. The lady there is very nice and asks us many questions trying to warm us up to her to buy something (which worked) and Sydney spots this feathery thing that the man at the shop was making. Happens to be a homemade hacky sack. The people here love this type of hacky sak game. So, Sydney asks her how to do it and she gladly teaches Sydney then heres the punch line.....goes over and pats Keith on the belly and says this exercise keeps us from getting the happy Buddha. I was cracking up so hard that I had tears in my eyes. Then she showed me some little statues of the happy Buddha in her shop with these huge bellies and a huge smile on its face. Too funny. Anyway you can all tease Keith about that when we get back and need I remind you all.....only 2 more sleeps after we retire this evening which is upon us now...almost 9 pm. Good night, love you all.
I attached a couple new photos we took today of the four kids together with their "Made in China" shirts on....too cute.

7 comments:

mikeanddeb said...

Why wait until Keith gets back to tease him. I'm going to start now!
You've been in more McDonalds than you've been telling us. While the rest were eating rice and seafood, you've been sneaking Big Macs. Big Macs make happy buddha!
Keith, I love you! I can't say too much. I have happy buddha and I haven't been to China.
2 bedtimes and counting. Praise our awesome God!
Home sweet home!

Love you all!

Mike

Tim/Leah said...

It's going to be like Christmas all over again when you get on that plain.
I always heard that rubbing buddha's belly will bring good luck. haha.
We can't hardly wait to see you all again. Sara wants Sydney to tell her all about the trip.She has read the blog everyday.
We Love you all.

Susan said...

You don't know me but I wanted to tell you thank you so much for posting your trip on your blog~ I'm following. My husband & I just received a referral for our son who will be 3 when we bring him home. Your family bring us much hope. God bless you!

Machelle said...

Hello Keith and Shelley and Family,
I thought I would jump in with a few lines from B'vlle. The background to many pics are so familiar to us. It doesn't seem like 7 years have passed us by. Keith, I'm sure keeping up with the energy levels of Sydney and Asher will take care of happy Buddha belly! We hope to see you guys when we get back from Chicago. Give the family our love. Ray

Pam Amlung said...

I love your blog!!! Great pics and stories. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear your countdown is fast approaching zero there. Being home is great, but we do miss the camaraderie that we had there! Blessings for your trip home!!
Pam

mikeanddeb said...

Happy New Year!!

See you soon.

Love, xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Mike & Deb

Machelle said...

Count down for the Baum's!!!
Happy New Year!!! 2009- year of the ox. And, hello, good ole USA!!!

Love, Ray, Machelle and Floss.