Saturday, December 6, 2008

God's Season - Inspired by Grandma, My Mama


This evening it is snowing.....
it is quite a beautiful site from my kitchen window. I am having a quiet day with just myself in the solitude of our home wrapping Christmas gifts, admiring the tree, and having the occasional phone conversation with loved ones. We received a couple Christmas cards today from distant relatives. My hubby and daughter have been gone all day to the big city Christmas shopping for mommy. It is clear to me that Christmas is upon us.

As I finish my chores I decide to try to attempt a little packing for our journey to Asher. While I am packing I stop at the window once more to admire the fresh snow and start to reflect on this wonderful season we are approaching. The season in which we were given the most precious and amazing gift, "God's Son, Our Savior, Jesus Christ".

In this holy season it amazes me to realize that God has chosen to bless our family with such a gift as a son of our own.

Nine years ago on Christmas Eve, my husband and I received the grand news of our gift of a daughter, what an amazing blessing it is to know that in this same season we will be in China preparing to bring home our son nine years later. I have goosebumps and I am so humbled to know that through God's love He has chosen to lead us on this journey of a lifetime. And through God's love, we will not be taking this journey alone. We know that He will be there to hold us up when we need the support and to encourage us through the difficult times. We are also blessed that we will be taking the love and support of our family and friends.
Today, I found myself worrying about the things that may make this journey harder than expected (increased holiday travel expenses) but after some prayer and the conversations with my Mama and a dear friend, I have realized along with the one's that love us the most that no price can be put on the gift that is given to us this Christmas just like there is no price on salvation which was given to us by the same Father that has given us our son, Asher. Through this experience we will be reminded of the important things in life....our relationship with the Father, our family, friends, and love, "and the greatest of these is love" (1 Corn. 13:13). And we will leave the worries to God for He will provide.

Thank you Mama for your inspiring post today. You are so special to me. I love you so. Thank you for sharing the tears with me through every sad moment during the wait and every exciting moment through these last amazing 2 months. Those moments on the phone crying with you and daddy are beyond words to me. We are so blessed to have your unconditional love and support.

7 comments:

Mom 2 six said...

We are adopting a 6 yo SN boy from Hubei. Congrats on your journey to Asher.

Lori said...

HI, we have the same consulate appt! We are leaving on the 17th, will be in Beijing, Shanxi and then Guangzhou. See you there :)
Lori

Mary said...

Congratulations!!!!

I want to just let you know that both of our children came to us with open arms, fully knowing what was happening at age 6 & age 4. Do NOT worry and do NOT stress out! The same God that prepared your hearts for a little boy has been preparing his heart for a family! I cannot wait to see you united with your son!

Mary (OneBlessedFamily on RQ)

The Brown Family said...

Hello! I just found your blog through RQ. We live north of Columbus and are adopting a 4 yr old from China...have been waiting for our Travel Approval for 4 weeks now. I enjoyed your blog, we too thought we knew God's plan when we started this process 3 years ago! Our LID is 9/11/06. We are so happy to finally know more of His plan! We are just so anxious now for our TA! We just started a blog :brownpartyoffive
Congratulations!!!

Christi and Abbey said...

Just read your very inspirational story, so happy for you!! I love the name Asher. What orphanage is he at? I am in Shenzhen with my daughter who is from Yangdong. We work at a school here and have schools in two orphanages. Have a wonderful trip!

Sam said...

Congrats on your son!!! Our daughter has been with us for 3 years (12/11/05). It is an incredible experience!!! We are also in Ohio, about 45 minutes from Columbus, near Springfield and Fairborn. I hope your trip is amazing!!!!

Sam @ Just Keep Swimming
http://samcampbell.blogspot.com

Faye said...

Hi-- found your site on RQ. We have a daughter 3 1/2 from Guangdong and we are waiting on our LOA for our second daughter. We are expecting to travel in Feb/March. She will be 3 by then.
We too live in Columbus,OH. Do you know about COFCC (Central Ohio Families with children from China). It is awesome. They offer language and culture classes, great celebrations like Chinese NY, and just a great overall support system.
Congratulations on your beautiful boy. Godspeed you to China and back home.

Faye
mom to Alexandria and Gabriella.
our blog---
www.twiceuponatime2007.blogspot.com

let me know if you have any questions about COFCC or China since we have been before.