Monday, December 15, 2008

Day before we leave

So here we are less than 24 hours before we leave for our first leg of the journey. We have been working hard checking our lists. Then checking them again. Then checking them again. I think Shelley has packed at least 4 times to my one.
We had one of the best days at church yesterday. God's plan and grace have never been more evident than Sunday. Just when you get so caught up in the details of this amazing life journey, God reminds you that He is the one that created the journey. That He is the one that placed us here. He is the one that will carry us through. All glory and praise must go to Him. I have never seen so many people excited about our trip. We are blessed with an awesome church family. I can not wait to bring Asher home to them. We did not stop answering questions and getting hugs from the time we walked in till the time we left. People promising prayers,offering all types of support and well wishes. It is an amazing feeling when an entire congreation is praying over you at the same time. I was overwhelmed and thankful. I was at peace.
As I said, we have been working hard. Our daughter Sydney has probably been working the hardest. She is very active with dance, basketball and school. She had the goal of taking no schoolwork with us and coming home to no tests. We have been at it for over a week doing extra work along with the normal assignments. She had quizes to take and then tests leading up to semester exams. Everything was going as planned then snow hit and school was canceled on Friday. A day she was to take some of her tests to be ready to take her exams on Monday. Well, thanks to her commitment and also one of her teachers, Mrs. Frye, she took some of her testing on Saturday morning. I must say Sydney is amazing. She rises to all challenges and anything that is asked of her. I only hope I'm as good of a Dad to her as she is a daughter to me.
This all leads me to tell you about what inspired me to write this posting today. In the middle of all the hustle ( I failed to mention our car needing repaired last minute before we left) which caused all 3 of us to be leaving the house at the same time (7:30) in the morning. This never happens. So, we are leaving for school and to the repair shop. We step out the door headed to the car when Sydney shouts , "Look a rainbow!!". We look and there is the brightest, biggest, full rainbow I have ever seen at our house. We all just looked at it and cried. God's promise right there to assure us everything is going to His plan. A reminder to gorify Him in all we do.
Sydney did very well on all her testing. One teacher said she was a girl on a mission with all the work she was able to get done today. The car got fixed. Our list got checked off. And there is peace.
We are coming to get you little man. To bring you back to a family that has been looking forward to you, praying for you, and loving you before we ever saw that first picture. I cant wait to look into his eyes for the first time. I cant wait for him to meet his big sister. I can't wait for him to feel his mom hug him for the first time. I can't wait for him to feel God's love for him through our church family. We are coming to get you little man( Gus, Gus ).
Love,
Daddy

1 comment:

Jill said...

We are also in Columbus, Ohio. Best wishes for safe travels, and have a great time in China!